5 Actionable Digital Marketing Resolutions For 2015
As we wrap up 2014, now is a prime time to look back at what successes we’ve had at work and where we may have room for improvement. Many business leaders are projecting the next year’s potential growth along with strategies to increase business development. While there are many known general methods to market a business, here is a list of 5 very specific actions you MUST take to stay ahead of the curve in 2015.
5 Specific Marketing Action Steps to Take in 2015:
1. Use Facebook “custom audiences” for ads. Facebook has recently launched a new way to target your ads to your current contact lists. You can import emails or phone numbers in the audience tab in ‘ads manager’. Then when you create the ad, you can choose that custom group to show it to.
Why it works: With Facebook targeting options you can narrow your ads even more by age, location, and interests. This will increase click-through’s substantially as well as provide you with more options such as Facebook offers, deals and more to present to your interested lists that you could not otherwise through email.
2. Build your personal brand on LinkedIn. Since rolling out the ability to post blogs and articles directly on the LinkedIn platform, many savvy leaders have begun to leverage their knowledge and expertise to further their personal and business brand awareness. Make sure your profile is updated and start planning the types of posts you can contribute on the largest business networking social media site.
Why it works: When you post quality content on LinkedIn, you position yourself as a thought leader in your industry and build yourself a positive reputation with potential customers or referral sources.
3. Get on Google My Business. Google+ has been slowly creeping up on Facebook as the second largest social networking site since it launched in 2011. Google provides you with the platform to create a personal identity along with a business page, locations for your company and it all gets tied together under Google My Business.
Why it works: Having all these elements updated and posting relevant information to your page can actually help you rank higher!
4. Brand your visuals for Pinterest. Pinterest currently has 70 million users and that number is growing by the minute. People pin articles, blogs, websites, recipes, shopping, lifestyle dreams and work ideas onto their boards, and the one thing they see when searching the site is the visual associated with the content. Make sure that each piece of collateral you produce is branded well and also includes a quick catchy title.
Why it works: By placing your logo on all your visuals, you are expanding your reach to each and every person that searches for that topic on Pinterest. When you place a CTA title on the visual, it will increase the clicks and provide viewers with a sense of motivation to read more.
5. Re-purpose your blogs. Pick 5 of your most popular 2014 blogs and expand on them. Take those blogs and create a “part 2” for each. Or turn one into into a whitepaper or e-book.
Why it works: By re-purposing your successful content that you already know is popular, highly searched for and engageable, you can collect leads and take potential customers further down your funnel.
2015 will bring us many new opportunities to build our audiences and see marketing success. Which of these actions do you plan to implement into your strategy?