Why your Company Needs a Weekly Tip on Social Media | 4 How-To Guided Steps
One of the first pieces of advice I give to new clients looking to increase engagement on Social Media is to create a monthly content strategy plan. Part of that plan involves creating a weekly tip to offer followers and fans.
The benefits of providing a weekly tip for followers include:
- Positioning your business or brand as a thought leader.
- Opening up dialogue for customers who may have questions about that topic.
- Building trust with your followers and showing your expertise.
- Learning what subjects your customers find popular through shares and likes and then turning them into blogs or e-books.
- Increasing visibility on that subject with search engines (as they crawl and show public status updates with keywords relevant to search terms).
- Keeping followers and fans coming back to your company page in anticipation for that weeks tip. This will in turn increase your post updates showing up in their feed.
4 tips to sharing tips on Social Media:
- Pick a day of the week when your audience is likely online. You can see when they are online through Facebook insights, or timing + (which measures your google + fan activity).
- Create an editorial calendar 6 months out (which is only 24 tips). Create a spreadsheet and include the month, date and time you plan on posting the tips. Add fields for topic, subject and content developer (if you have multiple experts in your company that will be contributing). Then add the field where the actual tip content belongs. The tip itself should be 2-3 sentences at most.
- Hashtag your tip name. Prior to launching your tip strategy come up with a clever name that you can place at the beginning of each tip post. Examples are “Monday Marketing Tip” or “Tuesday Tips With Jon” or “Fridays Health Tips”. Keep it brand and industry appropriate and make sure it is relevant to what your customers would expect to see from you. Then Hashtag it so people can eventually search for and see all the previous tips by clicking on the hashtag. Example: #SocialMediaWeeklyTip.
- Create a visual of the tip. Hubspot launched a very successful 30 day blogging tip in which each day they provided a visual of a tip dealing with blogging. When you post a picture on any Social Media platform you increase the likelihood of the post getting shared and liked. You can also share the tip picture on Instagram and Pinterest!
For advice on launching or re-launching your company’s social media strategy, contact us here.